Design Wall Monday

Snail's pace in de-stashing - only a fat quarter of white for the charity top, and a fat eighth of scraps for a block lotto block.  Here are my numbers:
in 0.0 yds.; out .38 yds.
Stash in YTD: in 8.5 yds., out 95.56yds.
Donated YTD: 41.96 yds
Net for 2013: out 87.06 yds
 
Coming off my design wall is a finished quilt top!
 
This is 36" square and is to go to St. Anne's.  I really like this pattern and know I will be making it again.  To me, it looks like the simplest of wedding ring quilts, and I'd like one - not scrappy - to go on my bed.  It's moving to the top of my pieced to do list.  I hope to sandwich it by this Friday and start quilting it.  Thank you Jenny Doan and the Missouri Star Quilt Company for your video on making a Merry Go Round quilt .  Their blocks were 12 inches square and used a charm pack.  Mine has 9" squares and used 2" strips left over from other projects and 4" squares in the centers.  I'll post my adjustments when I get a free moment.

What 's on your design wall?  I'm linking to Judy's at Patchwork Times, Connie's Linky Party Tuesday and Amanda Jean's Finish it up Friday.  I love seeing eye candy.


8 comments:

  1. Very pretty Angie... You are so generous! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It such a terrific design Angie....just love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Billie. I'm thinking about what fabrics I'd like to make my big one from. I may actually have to buy (gasp) fabric as I don't have any in my stash that big. I'll have to make a mock-up in EQ and see how much I need. Hope you're having a great time with the family - we had my DS1 and DDIL over for the day to celebrate their birthdays as the date are just 10 days apart.

      Delete
  3. I love that top, and I think you're right it's because it's similar to a very simple wedding ring, which is one of my all time favorite patterns!! And seriously your 87+ yds out on the year, you are doing FANTASTIC!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I love the colors you chose for all the rings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your finish Angie! Such a fun and happy pattern with great fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks beautiful and that is a pattern I have always enjoyed making! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet quilt top.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...