Applique Tuesday

I'm quilting my applique charity quilt - hope that counts for working on applique.  I first thought about quilting each block in a circular design:
Well that didn't work as FMQ for me - here I'm taking the stitches out.  How do you do spirals and make them come out even?  Is there a stencil like for Baptist fans?  I then decided to FMQ as basket and flowers:

I liked that better, so that's what I'll do for the 8 other flower baskets.  I'll think about the white area later.   I have made some of the applique pieces for LE, but they're too tiny to look like much at this time. Hope to find time for more. All the GKs start school next week, so I should have more time.

Had a fun time with them last weekend.  Aren't they sweet.  Frank is 9 and Lily is 3.

Would love to see your eye candy - applique or otherwise. Linky below.

5 comments:

  1. Oh look! I'm first this time. I don't think that has ever happened on any linky I've signed into.
    Love your basket quilt.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh such sweet grandkids!!! They are growing up :*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it counts! After all you DID applique it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie - I have trouble quilting consistent swirls too! Practice, practice, practice... :)

    I do love how your applique flowers came out though... you did great!

    Thanks for the linky party -- I couldn't find the HTML for your button... (kinda new at that).

    Happy days.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...