Stash Report 6/30/13

I commited to making Esther' Love Entwined coverlet, so have been going through my stash.  I did need to buy 8 yards of background.  If I'd owned a lot of neutrals I'd have pieced it, but I don't.  Since I will begin immediately to use it, I'm not going to count it as new in my stash.  That's one of the ways I handle purchases.  If it's just impulse purchase or enhancement with no project in sight, then I count it.  So in digging through my stash I realized I need a shelf of just my batiks so I can see what I have.  The rest of the quilt will be from that pile.  Right now I have them all in a drawer and they're such a jumble, I don't know what I have.  It made me clear a bookcase shelf and start my organizing. What with making a block, giving a yard as donation and pulling for the new quilt, I've managed to reduce my stash by 4.5 yards. Oh and here is the quilt top I made for St Anne's  - I finished all my goals for June - what a surprise!  It's a frayed edge top and I just have to put it together.  Another member will clip it and wash it before we give it to some first time mother.
Here are my numbers:
in 0.0 yds.; out 4.5 yds.
Stash YTD: in 8.5 yds., out 81.91 yds.
Donated YTD: 38.96 yds
Net for 2013: out 73.41 yds
I'm linking to Judy's at Patchwork Times. Go see how others are doing.

Comments