Stash Report 3/17/13

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  I have a good number to report.  I used 5 yards for the back of my BOM quilt - 150% more than the average I need per week to meet my goal at year's end.  Here are my numbers: 
This week:  in 0.0 yds.; out   5.00 yds.
Stash YTD: in 3.0 yds., out 23.63 yds.
Donated this week: 0.0 yds; YTD: 8.09 yds
Net for 2013: out 20.63 yds.

I'm moving along! 

And now what I got done yesterday.   You saw the back I made on the last post.  Here is the start of my QAYG for this quilt:
 First, I measured and calculated how big my batting had to be based on the back I had just made. To lessen the bulk of this quilt so I can more easily quilt it, I cut the batting in half horizontally.  Then I laid down the back which I had ironed and smoothed the top half of the batting on the top half of the back. I then pin basted the back and batting to the carpet so that it would be smooth.  Next I finger pressed the center of the first row that has the first sashing row attached to it. I then placed it on the center mark of the batting making sure it was the 10" all across the top to allow for the borders I will add later(plus 2" extra of batting and back). I then pin basted the row to the sandwich.  Here it is all basted with the back showing at the bottom.  Ready to quilt!
 

Comments