Design Wall Monday 6/25/12

This is just prepped.  And I need to add 5 circles (which I dread).  Hope to get rid of the rough edges around the curves as I needle turn this.  I think I'm going to make each block with a different applique technique and once and for all see which one I like (and likes me-LOL) as I make Anna's Garden.  The original was in reproduction fabrics, but I've decided to go a little brighter than that.  The central blocks are mostly 7" square finished.

What's on your design wall?  Go on over to Judy's Patchwork Times, Lyn's BOMs Away, and check out the other postings.

6 comments:

  1. wow that is going to be a beautiful block. Love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue's right! Great block. You are sailing right along with your applique. I'm doing a little sewing,but not too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cheerful and vibrant! Looking forward to seeing it done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful block. I love the colors you chose. I've been thinking about doing this too - making blocks different ways to see which I like best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the colors you're working with. Have you tried the back-basting method yet? I love that best of all. It seems counter-productive when you read about it, but in practice it's so much faster, more portable, and less frustrating for needle-turn applique. I still use my circle forms for circles, though - what are they called? Oh - "Perfect Circle templates" Well worth the cost, for me, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm way behind on blogs but I wanted to let you know that your flower colors are very fibrant. I like!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...