Fabric Tuesday/Wip Wednesday

Yesterday was a fun day.  I got to spend 4 1/2 hours with my friend, Bette, doing a workshop at her house! We were working on a Karen Eckmeier's Accidental Landscapes project.  Bette is ahead of me by two projects and is working on her third, so she was able to guide me as to what I was doing.  She's a great teacher. Here's what my book looks like.  

So I started on the practice piece Karen recommends one do before starting on a project.  Here's what fabrics I picked to start with:
 This took a loooooooooooong time to decide what to include. Phew - it took us all the way to lunch time.  Then one has to decide what silhouette your going to use for each piece.  Since this was my first attempt - that took a long time, too, So I decided to generally follow what Karen had done in her practice piece.  I found that amazingly the landscape shapes will be pretty much determined by that first cut. 
Who would have known?


So after much dithering and checking values with a red disk, here's what we came up with:





Mind you this is just laid down right now on a design board.  And I'm thinking the lake has to be smaller so that the mountains don't seem to be floating. Aye de mi!  Off to dither some more.

Since I was tied up most of the day yesterday, I'm posting this as a fabric Tuesday, Linky Tuesday, and a new WIP post today. Go on over to my sidebar and visit those blogs to see what others are up to.





6 comments:

  1. This really looks interesting and fun! Can't wait to see more! Thanks for sharing.
    Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting. Please keep us posted on your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. I've done one landscape quilt in my entire quilting career, and that was back in 1986!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this one. I swear I can see the reflection of the clouds in that lake, so pretty. Can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty! I'd love to try a landscape quilt. I'll have to check that book out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're off to a beautiful start.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...