Fabric Tuesday - 7/5/11

I accidentally did part of the local quilt run. LOL, I didn't even know it was going on til I was in the store. They had it for 2 weekends this year as some of the stores are quite far apart. I was there to buy the half yard I needed to finish the May UFO. I got the free block from the Quilter's Cocoon.  There was a cute charm and the instructions for a winter block - a Christmas ornament.  Also included was a coupon for 15% off for coming to the store during the Run.  And another 5% if you made the block and brought it into the store during July.  Although I'm on a fabric diet - thought I'd go and buy a new Creative Grid ruler as I've worn off the lines on my 6 x 12" ruler.  And since I only have one block from the run, I made mine into a mug rug:

Here's the back:

Measure's 6 1/2" square.
Want the pattern?  Leave a comment and I'll make another and take pictures while I construct it. Took about  a 1/2 hour.

Go on over to the left sidebar and click on the Fabric Tuesday button from Quilt Story, and see what all the others are keeping busy with now.  Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. That's a great mug rug. I think I have some Christmas fabric that looks similar to that. Never thought to cut it out and use for mug rugs/coasters. Hmmmm. Oh dear, another idea to think out. LOL.

    Thanks and I'll look forward to seeing your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Billie, both sides are great! I would like to know how too, you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, C - I'm making plans to put up a tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...